Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
THE EMOTIONAL CLEARING PROCESS / Re: What is ego strength?
« Last post by jarrodgötze on February 21, 2022 »
Thank you John, that makes sense. I think I was struggling to strike a balance between maintaining ego strength and allowing for feelings of weakness in the power/significance chakras. But from what I’m hearing, that’s exactly what I need to do.

Again, that all makes perfect sense. So prioritising acceptance of feelings does not mean you have to reject everything else! Thank god for that! I think I need to release more trapped energy in certain chakras before I can truly think about accepting external things.

Thanks a lot, John.
THE EMOTIONAL CLEARING PROCESS / Re: What is ego strength?
« Last post by John Ruskan on February 18, 2022 »
Glad the job search is paying off. You seem to have the right ideas here.

Ego strength for me equates to strength of character: will-power, determination, the ability to make a goal and pursue it, being able to maintain personal values in the face of opposition, strong sense of identity and integrity, etc. If you have no ego strength, you are easily pushed around by others, you are weak-willed, a 'sheepie' as we might say in the terms of contemporary society.

Don't get confused by the subtleties of self-acceptance. For our work, it mainly applies to accepting feelings and emotions as they are. Extending acceptance to things like physical features and outside conditions is desirable, but can start to get tricky. Suppose you hate some physical feature about yourself. Hate is a feeling that should be taken through the process. If you try to force yourself to 'accept' something outside or about yourself that you honestly dislike you are being dishonest with yourself. I mention somewhere in the books that the best strategy is to always go to the core feelings. If there's hate or dislike, then you accept and process that, and don't try to force yourself into accepting or liking something that you don't.

But then accepting feelings and emotions as they are can carry over to conditions outside yourself or personal physical features. If you accept your feelings about something external, then in a way you are accepting the external while at the same time disliking or preferring that the external be different.  'When I combine my acceptance of my feelings with my acceptance of the fact that I may sometimes be judged harshly due to personal qualities and physical features.' This sounds good, and maybe illustrates the point I'm trying to make. Your primary acceptance of yourself carries over to secondary acceptance of the external experience.

Please don't forget that you can help me and others by posting a verified purchase review of DEEP CLEARING on Amazon.
THE EMOTIONAL CLEARING PROCESS / What is ego strength?
« Last post by jarrodgötze on February 16, 2022 »
Hi John, thanks so much again for the reply to my last question. It helped massively and I have since had three interviews with separate companies and am on the cusp of getting a job. I owe a lot of that to you. I eventually surrendered to the panic and fear of being rejected in the days leading up to each one which eventually caused me to not care as much if I was judged harshly. I actually found that being vulnerable and transparent in an interview setting, letting them see that I was nervous, actually made them respect me and they may have even found it endearing!

I notice you mention 'ego strength' quite a lot in your books, especially in your new one, and how it is desirable. I am just wondering if you can clarify what exactly it means. Relating it back to me for a second, would ego strength mean to have confidence in ones abilities and maintaining a personal identity, but still accepting negative emotions as separate entities? I would really appreciate a description of what it means to have ego strength, during meditation and also throughout the day.

Also a new thought popped into my mind whilst I was typing this, my mindset has transformed drastically since keeping 'self-' acceptance' at the forefront since digesting your last reply to me, and I already feel a new passion for life that I have never felt, but sometimes I think 'hold on, I am accepting a part of myself that isn't directly a feeling or emotion, such as a personal quality, physical feature, external opinion' etc. Is this allowed in EC work? The reason I ask is I have found it to be a truly beautiful experience when I combine my acceptance of my feelings with my acceptance of the fact that I may sometimes be judged harshly due to personal qualities and physical features. Do you advocate for this? Does this correlate to having an ego strength? It seemed to help me when I surrendered to the fact that my interviewer might not like me for who I am whilst accepting feelings of inadequacy at the same time.

Thanks for everything John,

Jarrod
I don't see any problem at all and I think it would be an excellent opportunity to go deeper into yourself. My understanding of the Vipassana method is that it is based on witnessing body sensations that come up as you sit for extended periods in order to clear the samskaras. If emotions and feelings come up as well, which is to be expected, you can certainly include them in your witnessing meditation and take them through the EC steps. Maybe you or someone else will ask about what to do if strong feelings come up, but be aware that not everyone is enlightened about how to handle feelings and you may get a less than useful response from the group leader. EC work is advanced meditation. Not all spiritual leaders are up to speed on this, or may not want to introduce more than a beginner can handle, or they don't feel confident about getting into feelings. Go for it!

Hi John,

I am summoning the courage to do a 10 day Vipassana retreat. My intention really is to go there and witness the uncomfortable emotional stuff that comes up in the meditations as I would in the Emotional clearing process with the Third eye witness activation. I am still trying to work out if this is in line with that tradition or compatible enough with it to the point where I wouldn't be doing a totally different style of meditation to that which i am being thought at the retreat.

I know that you mention Vipassana in your new book so I am wondering what you think of this method of using a 10 day retreat as a means for integrating emotions and clearing karma?

Thanks and best regards,

James
THE EMOTIONAL CLEARING PROCESS / Re: Nicotine Withdrawal Process
« Last post by John Ruskan on February 12, 2022 »
Sounds like you're doing great work. It does take time to work through all one's issues. The basic idea behind addictions work is that the addiction has served to keep negative feelings suppressed, so as you taper off on the addiction, feelings will come up to be cleared, and you shouldn't become discouraged. At the same time, as you develop a meditation practice where suppressed feelings are cleared, the need for the addiction (to keep the feelings suppressed) is bypassed, and it tends to fall away naturally. I hope some other people will share their experience along similar lines.
THE EMOTIONAL CLEARING PROCESS / Nicotine Withdrawal Process
« Last post by FionaG on February 11, 2022 »
HI All,

I'm working through a nicotine withdrawal and found the new book really helpful,
I'm using the technique to breathe into the cravings and as it says I'm also finding some emotions are coming up.
Not surprisingly it seems to be related to nurturing and feeling a lack or need for support and the belly chakra and I am affirming that its ok to feel this now and that I don't need to suppress it anymore.
I think there may be some fear there also which maybe explains why its a bit sticky and not wanting to be felt.
I guess after 20 years of suppression it won't just come up straight away for processing so I'm following the advice for blockages also.
I'm still having the odd cigarette, maybe one or two each day but I guess I need to stop completely and just let stuff come up.
I think maybe I need to process the fear of feeling the fear.

I've been working through John's first book for the last 4 years and have a good daily practice that has helped me resolve a lot I had been diagnosed with CPTSD, so i've saved the nicotine withdrawal until I felt stable enough to tackle it.
I've also uncovered some past life traumas that have informed my childhood issues a lot and helped to remove blame and gain acceptance etc. I've worked through so many layers over the past few years it's been amazing so I really appreciate the new book as its helped to constellate the practise.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with similar addiction issues and has some insight?
Hi John, thank you so much for the reply. Self acceptance is a beautiful idea and one that I am very new to. I have always hated some of my behavioural traits and tried to bend them to suit my ideal. This could very well be the reason I feel so blocked. I can honestly tell you, I cannot recall even one moment in my life where I have sat in complete self acceptance and unconditional self love. Its a very sad realisation but also I'm very happy I am now on track. I actually meditated for almost two hours yesterday, completely focusing on acceptance and it was magical. I felt I was able to breathe much more easily and a light-headedness that usually follows me around completely dissipated for the 2 hours.

After finishing one of the most uplifting meditations ever I couldn't help thinking why on earth is this type of inner work not mainstream? Seriously, I am struggling to work out why. Maybe it is because other forms of work, law of attraction, for example, appeals much more to materialists than EC does. But surely the notion of bending external events to suit an individual completely invalidates the fact that there is a super consciousness that knows exactly what is right for each person at any given time in their life!

Thank you again John. I'm really excited about learning more about EC.
Hi John,

Thank you.

Much (if not all) of what you have said here has rung true.

The entity attachment for me was the big one. After reading your article on spirit releasement and doing some research I realised that I seem to have all of the symptoms pertaining to an attached entity. The depletion of energy, the poor concentration and focus, unexplainable depression, dramatic weight loss, irregular back pains. Not to mention personality changes and mood changes. The realisation has definitely taken me by surprise.

Yesterday I was able to get myself an appointment with a spirit releasement therapist. I talked him through my symptoms and we then went through the process of removal. There was definitely a struggle on my part to allow my subconscious mind to come into play, and there were certainly some strange sensations that took place. I felt quite a struggle to let go and surrender myself to the process but was also able to understand my life situation a lot better. The therapist made clear that an attachment had left and emphasised (as you did) how important it is to clear and ground oneself always.

After finishing the spirit releasement session, I expected to feel 100% back to normal. While I do feel better, it has made me realise just how much my blocked energy points have been affecting me emotionally. After yesterday’s session I have realised that the cause of my energy blockage relates to shame from a previous relationship. I was in a relationship that turned out to be quite toxic. The partner at the time fell pregnant and being young and from a traditional Christian family I felt a lot of shame around not being married to her. In short, I began suppressing my sexual urges, the unconscious shame cut me off from a lot of people that were close to me, resulting in loneliness (and likely further blockage). In conclusion, the shame and loneliness has left me in a ‘safe’ routine-based lifestyle, with little to no pleasure, keeping me blocked.

Thanks John, your single message has set me on the right course to finally fixing and understanding my life. If I can follow up with a final question:

I have begun yoga (using the exercises listed on your site), however I am lost at the best way to unblock the relevant chakras. In my first year of experiencing the chakra blockage, I went to a reiki practitioner for help clearing things out. While I felt extremely relaxed after the session, it wasn’t long until I felt back to my 'old self' with strong heavy feelings. Would you still suggest going down the Practitioner route? My worry is that I attend a session, only for the blockage to remain. Can these blockages be cleared out myself?

Thank you
Ok! Here's a great way to completely fuck yourself up: Constantly compare yourself to a picture in your mind that you think you should be (your ideal spiritual brain-washed true-self hero image) and then beat yourself up because you will never come close to it. One of the principle components of EC psychology is self-acceptance. This idea does not appear to have hit you yet, and you seem to be in major unconscious self-rejection. The challenge in EC and authentic spiritual work is to be present with WHAT IS, not to be focused on the delusional idealized future. I suggest you go through the books again with this in mind and work on self-acceptance for a few months. You resolve your issues and grow organically and spontaneously into your higher self by surrendering to what is and by dedicating yourself to a long-term meditation - EC practice, clearing all those traumatic events one by one, without concerning yourself with how long it may take.

I have not studied Exposure Therapy and do not know if it is actually a formal school of psychology. However, EC work can be said to be a form of exposure therapy. You sit and visualize the triggering circumstances, and let the feelings come up, and then take them through the steps. You can also engage in physical confrontation to bring up the feelings, if it is an ongoing condition. However, simply exposing yourself to physical confrontation to bring up the feelings is not going to help much to clear those feelings from the subconscious if you simply shut down when the feelings come up, which is likely to happen if you are not ready with an effective strategy to handle the feelings. If Exposure Therapy does not include any such strategy aside from masochistic resignation, I would question the wisdom level of the program. If the exposure is too much, involuntary shut-down and repression will occur, which defeats the purpose or even compounds the problem as you point out. The beauty of EC work is that it gives you a method to integrate the feelings, whatever the context, inner or outer. I would say work mostly inwardly, and be careful with outer exposure, not over-doing it. You can try it after you have felt you have cleared some feelings using the EC process. Actually, I don't think it is even necessary if you have an ongoing meditation-processing practice. You could make a case that inner work is more effective because you are in a witnessing alpha state, able to devote complete attention to the feelings while taking them through the steps, although outer confrontation may have the advantage of generating stronger feelings than you can do in meditation.

Regarding employment, you are expected to be nervous when applying for a job. Nobody will hold that against you if you have talents, and everybody else including the people who interview you are just as tormented as you - that can be a helpful thought to keep in mind as you face them, similar to the cardboard cutout idea in the Emotional Clearing book. Don't worry so much about yourself and just go do it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10