Author Topic: Survival anxiety  (Read 16453 times)

Fiona

• View Profile
Survival anxiety
« on: March 16, 2011 »
Dear John,

I have recently finished your book ‘Emotional Clearing’ which I have really resonated with and am on a second reading.  Two questions pop up for me, one is regarding survival anxiety.  I have made my living for the past 20 years as a freelance illustrator (fionart.com) and have been on a financial roller-coaster that I’d like to shift into a more stable ride through Life.  Along with doing my usual marketing, doing what I can to stay visible etc., I am working with your approach to the chronic anxiety by simply accepting the feeling and affirming to myself that it’s OK to feel anxiety about money.
According to your approach, by my accepting and integrating the experience of lack and it’s consequent anxiety I will at some point no longer need to project/create experiences that trigger these suppressed feelings. Correct?

My second question regards crying.  I ended a 6 year relationship just before Christmas and have been crying deeply almost daily in an attempt to heal and release my pain.  My partner was a wonderful man and provided me with TOTAL financial security but was not able to deeply connect at an emotional/conversational/spiritual level.  Ultimately my integrity and inner guidance led me to end the ‘romantic’ aspect of our connection but it has triggered all my survival anxiety to the max.  During my crying bouts I am not blaming him for my predicament but I feel so vulnerable again and I wonder if the crying is indeed helping me to integrate all the feelings of anxiety.

Thanks for making this forum available.  I for one truly appreciate being able to ‘dialogue’ with you about  these troubling issues.  Many thanks in advance.

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Survival anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011 »
A wonderfully honest and intelligent sharing. Thank you. Yes, you got it. The inner resistance to the anxiety results in projections and experiences; replacing resistance with acceptance is one of the keys to resolution. Keep in mind that acceptance is only one of the 5 steps. You'll get max results when you apply all the steps together in a regular dedicated daily practice, as if you decided to meditate regularly, which is what this is, only better. Add meditative yoga before you process and it's more better. Let's try to expand it thru the steps:

1. Relax. You sit and go into alpha, using the ec induction in the book and the breathwork. You feel yourself starting to 'detach' from the lower-self feelings as you drift into the right-brain. You connect to the body.

2. Awareness. You're doing well here, got a good understanding of the basics, not blaming, taking responsibility. In the alpha state, you start to get a better view of what's behind the restless anxiety: it's fear. Fear is the core level feeling. You see that it's a major life clearing mission for you. You see that the protection may have been a major draw in the relationship for you, which seemed to make the fear better for a while. If this is so, the dependency aspect is going to undermine the relationship eventually in some form or another, because you are using the rel to avoid the fear. You appear to have made the correct choice in ending it, coming to grips with the dependency. As you keep sitting, over a period of time, you go deeper into the fear, and related suppressed, past, perhaps traumatic events come up at the right time for integration.

3. Acceptance. You're good here, and your acceptance keeps expanding each time you sit, because you keep uncovering unconscious resistance. Eventually, you find that place of choiceless acceptance, where the mind, the seat of resistance/acceptance has stopped. You are in the moment, now, beyond choice.

4. Experience. This is what you've been preparing for. If you skip this, you won't get far. In the choiceless state, beyond time, fully in the body, you observe and allow the fear. You feel it, deep in your body. You feel it as an energy. You are no longer afraid of the fear - you just watch. You maintain the breath to keep the healing energies coming in.

5. Witness. You shift to the higher self witness using the 3rd eye technique. You are no longer the fear, even though it is there in 'your' body. You are something else - the witness.

You practice this until you feel the shifting occur. Since it is a major issue, it will take some time. But I believe with only a few months of practice, you will see real results. Fear will keep re-occurring after that, not as intense, but you don't latch onto it; you just witness. It eventually withers away.

Crying can be good at the right time; it can coincide with a spontaneous release. Excessive crying suggests that it is no longer performing this function, but has become a means of avoidance - turning away from the core feeling, whether it's the fear or loss of the relationship. Try to restrain crying next time by looking with a clear awareness into the feeling level - look for the feeling behind the event of crying.  Your awareness (intellectual level) can control the unproductive reactive emotionalism of crying as a defense on the lower feeling level. 

As I told Jake, its all downhill from here. Relax into it. Witness everything.

You other guys lend a hand here. Can you relate to Fiona's story? Even if that's all you have to say, tell her that. She's opening up. Put your arm around her. If you have other viewpoints to share, great.

Jarek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011 »
He Fiona!

Thank you for your honest sharing from the heart! You have very nice, artistic, beauty website!
You are doing major step in your development!
It's great that you take responsibility about your financial/ground fear.
Keep going sweat heart!

You know, I had difficult experience from the childhood past when my mother was emotionally overwhelming and have financial dependence from my cold/agressive father.
This was traumatic for me. I felt the violence on my own skin, even terror, fright and slough, grief about my life and always desperately tried to keep order in my family-my source of safety. I sometimes felt so helpless! I just wanted to put warm heart in it and connect everybody! This was all I had as a child.
This whole experiences make me diffrent person and put me on deeper, spiritual path in seaking meaning and way to release my pain, connect with my damaged heart - my true fillings which were suppresed and have great difficulty and no support from the enviroment (I felt - everybody play in hiding game) to release in proper way.
So I felt lonely with no understanding from others and no space for myself and often I reject myself from success in life. I was scarry and guilty about this.
John EC work touch my core - and now, I understand myself and my life better and start fully accept 'my karma' - subconcious projections. WE ARE ONE.
Fiona, lately I also stop my more then 3 years relationship becouse of very similar reasons to yours! - I felt emotionally distance, which killing me.
I felt like heart alcoholic being on detox:) and I had learing what unconditional love really means!-pain:) and have respect to diffrent/important perspectives!
I still working on myself and I feel ok now, and you know Fiona, at this momemt I have a lot of unconditional joy and gratitude for all I experience,
and good friends and desire to live fully!:)

This was my little story for you,
to give you uplift and sense of sympathy and compassion for your experiences.
You are Great!

Wish you from my heart:
to feel more and more safe with yourself, gain and by happy about your power and creativity - and find pease inside you which is waiting for you.
and trust and openness to the life itself to give you what you need.
You deserve it. You are wonderfull!

Take care, health, have fun and real connection with yourself,

HUG!

Jarek, Poland

HESUK

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011 »
Hi Fiona,

About 8 years ago I had dreadful, debilitating anxiety. I would wake most mornings feeling literally 'worried sick'. For me it was felt in the belly/ navel area and I had felt it for so long 9since childhood) it felt 'normal' for me. At the same time I was attracting men who like in your case 'could not deeply connect at an emotional/conversational/spiritual level'. So the relationship would end and I would be devastated. But this happened again and again and again. After reading Johns book I basically realised it was because I was attracting this type of man. I had a friend who talked me through the clearing process in a semi-counselling situation and I had a few cathartic experiences of clearing from the navel area. After a while ( quite a long while) I noticed my anxiety had fallen away and to this day (at least 8 years later)I never have that level of nauseating anxiousness. I also have the first 'adult' relationship I've ever had.

It seemed alien to me at first to locate the area of the anxiety/ emotion/ trapped pain. If you can find it you can work on it.

I find the clearing process quite lonely sometimes especially when a lot of stuff comes up. I think the forum helps if only to know others have being going on the same journey!

Wishing you some freedom

HES

Roger

• View Profile
Re: crying as a distraction
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011 »
I've only joined the forum 24 hours ago and have already been encouraged and assisted with my inner work as a reult of people's openness and honesty. This last reply by John on the question of crying is very relevant to my situation. I have been using the CDs for over a year now - since my marriage ended - and, although I am a man who was never able to cry, I feel like I have done nothing else for the past year - especially when using John's CDs. Although I was initially pleased and felt some relief from being able to express my sadness through crying, I have lately started to suspect that I am using my tears as a distraction to going deeper into the 'dark' emotions which I feel when I am doing inner work. I will take on board your advice, John, about my excessive crying and see what comes out from beneath it. Many thanks to all of you for your postings.

Ann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011 »
It's an interesting question about the crying. I spent years and years of my life crying, and I think it was often an avoidance of the confrontation with the darker emotions, as you say. Yet sometimes it's simply a heartfelt response to not only our pain but the pain of the world. That seems healthy because it opens the heart. Over the winter, working with the CDs, I had a couple of major meltdowns that felt they were truly releasing something (I don't always know what though sometimes I can connect up the dots). I think probably we can tell the difference if we are honest with ourselves.

I agree with Hesuk, feeling connected, through this forum, to others on the journey is helpful and heartwarming.

Ann

ConnyX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017 »
I think that an anxiety attack can be quite dangerous, so check [url=http://skywritingservice.com/blog/dont-be-fooled-real-symptoms-of-an-anxiety-attack]http://skywritingservice.com/blog/dont-be-fooled-real-symptoms-of-an-anxiety-attack[/url] for egtting to know some symptoms!

CollinHes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017 »
Anxiety is the worst and can be really bad at times.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020 by CollinHes »