Author Topic: Bad memories resurfacing  (Read 6421 times)

Debcats

• View Profile
Bad memories resurfacing
« on: March 25, 2014 »
I'm currently working with Breath work from Presence Process book & reading Emotional Clearing. I had a bad experience back in September of 2013. Went off one of my antianxiety meds too fast & got worse anxiety. At the time I wasn't aware that this was the problem. In time I figured it out went to my Drs & we discussed that I go back on the medication. I was a complete mess. Tonight I experienced what can only be described as a flash back of this bad memory & anxiety I had for a month. I never realized how traumatic it was. I didn't try to fight the feelings. I just went with it. But I've never experienced a "flash back" so intensely. I know this is the work I've committed to do now. I'm just looking for support & to know I'm headed in the right direction. Am I processing the bad memory? I've also used John CD set just the first one. Great investment! Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bad memories resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014 »
The flashback appears to be a temporary excitation of your chronic anxiety. When suppressed feelings have built up, it can be expected that they will surface on their own schedule. We don't know exactly what might cause them to appear intensely for a day or two. The important thing is to apply the steps of the EC Process as they appear. Working with the breath can be very helpful, as you mention.

We usually think of anxiety as the first appearance of a deeper level, core feeling, which might most likely be fear-related. Try to see the core feeling behind the anxiety, and work with that, although you can also process the anxiety itself, and that will lead to the underlying core feeling.

The meds may be necessary at this point, but you should realize they inhibit your ability to see (and feel) the core feelings, so one of your first goals is to reduce the meds cautiously. You're going in the right direction.

Debcats

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014 »
Hi John thanks for your reply. I was actually on 3 meds & have been able to discontinue one & lower another for my anxiety & depression I also suffer from, after starting breath work.  Not to get caught up in a story but there is a strong genetic predisposition on my father's side with panic attacks, depression, OCD,Manic depression & now some autism we have in a few of our kids. The medication has never stopped me feeling. Only has helped stop extreme panic attacks. I myself had noticed how much I was trying to suppress & live in the past or future to try & get away from all uncomfortable feelings.  Not just my anxiety. Your cds I've listed to the first & previewed the remaining ones. Very nice. I'm used to meditating to binaural beats. That is why I checked out your website.  You seem to go deeper into emotional healing work. And I like that you recommend combining your work with other methods.  Again thanks for your reply I very much appreciate it & the work you are doing to help others. Eventually in time I hope to be off all meds. :)

Debcats

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014 »
Again having bad flash backs of that time back in September. Currently have a cold & for whatever reason I started getting anxious stomach then today flash backs. I did locate a core issue last time I posted by using your first CD John. Not sure what is happening now & not concerned either. It's just so intense this flashback. It feels like my body & mind are trying to virtually live in every bad experience 10 x how it would actually feel. Should I just stay with this feeling or again try to find a core issue? I have a feeling it's related to my son who has autism & been having a very hard time recently. Somehow the stress has set these feelings off again. Thanks!