Author Topic: Question About Self Rejection and Processing  (Read 3174 times)

shrah25

• View Profile
Hi John

I'm just going through your book and I'm a little confused about the following paragraph:

"Self-rejection, however, is not an energy-based feeling; it is of the mind, not the body. Self-rejection is a conditioning of the mind, a means of shutting out experience. Processing techniques that release emotions therefore will not help to change conditioned mind-sets, such as blame or guilt. In fact, trying to process blame or guilt will not work, and holding blame or guilt in your consciousness as you do feelings during processing will only reinforce the blame or guilt".

My understanding of em clearing work is that when you process the underlying feelings beneath, say fear, then you will outgrow the fear and not have that sort of mental activity occurring on a regular basis. 
However isn't thinking fearful thoughts a form of self rejection and does this mean that processing of fear won't actually changed the conditioned mindsets?

I hope you can clarify this cause this is causing a bit of confusion for me...

THanks
Sri

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question About Self Rejection and Processing
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018 »
Feeling/emotions are not mental; they occur on their own psychic plane. Learn to distinguish between mental thoughts in the head and right-brain, body-based feelings/emotions.

In our work, self-rejection occurs when you resist, make-wrong, or deny any feeling/emotion, including any negative feeling such as fear. We do not consider feelings of any type self-rejecting, but it's our attitude them, ie, our mental mind-set, that rejects or accepts.

Olney

• View Profile
Re: Question About Self Rejection and Processing
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019 »
So in other words, the intent is key, right? Or am I getting this wrong?