Author Topic: intentionally feeling feelings.  (Read 3109 times)

Ed

• View Profile
intentionally feeling feelings.
« on: September 06, 2020 »
Hello John,

What do you think of intentionally feel the feelings you want to feel. Like for instance, intentionally feeling feelings like peace, presence, gratitude, love etc..
The theory is that by intentionally feeling these feelings they will manifest in your life.

So for instance, instead of looking for love (or peace, or success or whatever), you intentionally feel these feelings so that they will manifest in your life.  Your feelings ar causal then. So by cultivating a feeling of thankfulness for everything you experience, inclusive of negative feelings you would manifest things to be grateful for in your life. I think this goes deeper than the law of attraction as the focus is on causal feelings instead of thougts.

Please could you share your thoughts on this?

thanks,

Ed
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020 by Ed »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: intentionally feeling feelings.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020 »
The basic premise of EC work is that there is suppressed negativity in the subconscious that attracts corresponding circumstances. I have gone into this at length in the EC book. Simply trying to generate positive feelings does not modify negative suppressed feelings, but in fact can stimulate them so that you stir up exactly what you want to avoid. We sometimes use this as a technique to bring up negative feelings in EC therapy. While trying to cultivate positive feelings may help somewhat in the most superficial way, it does nothing to address core negativity. I have discussed the Law of Attraction on the top of the home page on the emclear.com site.

In addition, another basic premise of our work is that feelings are dualistic. Meaning, they occur together. So if you artificially boost your security feelings, fear will also increase to maintain the balance, for example. This is why the basic thrust of EC work is not to increase or be attached to positive feelings, but to transcend the dualistic appearance of any feeling combination.

I have just talked about attachment/avoidance in the monthly meeting. Your question implies an unconscious attachment to the positive and avoidance of the negative, which is the basic trap that the New Age ignorantly promotes.

Ed

• View Profile
Re: intentionally feeling feelings.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020 »
Thanks John!