Author Topic: What to do when things all turn to crap?  (Read 1944 times)

shrah25

• View Profile
What to do when things all turn to crap?
« on: October 25, 2021 »
Hi John

On a personal front, it's been a pretty difficult time with the biz - after working with you in late 2019, the biz took off and for the last couple of years but it's been amazing - but the last couple of months have been weird and ive fallen victim of some of FB's algorithm changes and that has hit me hard revenue wise.  Huge amounts of fear, survival level wounds have been surfacing and im doing my absolute best to clear as much as possible but I actually have a feeling im going through a healing crisis right now - weird stuff is happening (I could go on for ages about stuff you just wouldn't believe!) and it's almost as if the universe is teaching me how to make peace with what is and truly heal from some of my long standing wounds of jealousy, chasing success, never feeling like it's ever enough, failing to truly stepping into joy for what I do etc and I feel like I need to ride out the storm but I was curious, how much do you know about healing crises?  I'm assuming you would have gone through them before and how have you managed to get through them before? I'm really battling at present and its getting me into some dark places and I'm having to double down on your meditations etc.  But boy it's so hard :-(
Thanks so much

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What to do when things all turn to crap?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021 »
Actually, there's not too much I can say about a healing crisis. It's theoretical, and I don’t believe it came up much when I was working with clients. In a way, it's a left-brain notion, and the important thing is to keep on with processing your experience, however it may be caused. It is possible as we get into the work that suppressed negativity will be stirred up and it may seem as if things are getting worse for the moment, possibly leading towards what can be called the healing crisis, but your strategy will still be to devote yourself to the work, as you describe.

What comes to mind is that it's possible that when things were going well you became too attached to the success, and so there's the rebound of the negative which was formed at the same time as the positive feelings of success, in order to balance them, but got pushed into the subconscious, now emerging and bringing with it the negative experience, according to the rules of duality that I discuss in the books. This might be suggesting a kind of compulsivity and dependence on success, or any other 'positive' experience. If so, what's the core negative feeling behind it? Probably something like not being good enough or security-survival concerns.

If you are dependent upon financial success to make you feel secure, you will inevitably bounce back into the feelings of insecurity. The way out is to keep processing those feelings of insecurity and trust that the process will eventually bring you to a place of balance and non-dependence, but I know it can be difficult.

From another point of view, we can say that life has its ups and downs, and that we need to expect such changes, especially now with the dramatic world events unfolding. But if we have a severe emotional response to any of the outward happenings, it indicates a subconscious holding of the corresponding negative feelings. The optimal mindset for contending with these challenges is then to maintain the neutral sense of acceptance of the feelings that come up during difficult times, and even to welcome those times as necessary from a spiritual standpoint for us to be able to access the negativity within and ultimately clear it.

Remember the basic Buddhist teaching: 'Neither be attached to the positive nor seek to avoid the negative.' Attachment is revealed to us when we have severe emotional reactions whenever outward supports are removed. Processing the pain of the loss enables us to move beyond the attachment-aversion syndrome. After processing the pain, the next step is to shift our sense of identity and reliance upon outward conditions to an inner sense of self that transcends the need for dependent attachments, whether they are based on financial, relationship, prestige needs, or any of the chakra feeling centers. This inner sense of self can be cultivated by activating the witnessing principle that I discuss in the books.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021 by John Ruskan »

shrah25

• View Profile
Re: What to do when things all turn to crap?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021 »
Thanks so much for the detailed reply John! It helps heaps and I’ll make sure
To continue with this work. 
God bless you