Author Topic: Nicotine Withdrawal Process  (Read 2060 times)

FionaG

• View Profile
Nicotine Withdrawal Process
« on: February 11, 2022 »
HI All,

I'm working through a nicotine withdrawal and found the new book really helpful,
I'm using the technique to breathe into the cravings and as it says I'm also finding some emotions are coming up.
Not surprisingly it seems to be related to nurturing and feeling a lack or need for support and the belly chakra and I am affirming that its ok to feel this now and that I don't need to suppress it anymore.
I think there may be some fear there also which maybe explains why its a bit sticky and not wanting to be felt.
I guess after 20 years of suppression it won't just come up straight away for processing so I'm following the advice for blockages also.
I'm still having the odd cigarette, maybe one or two each day but I guess I need to stop completely and just let stuff come up.
I think maybe I need to process the fear of feeling the fear.

I've been working through John's first book for the last 4 years and have a good daily practice that has helped me resolve a lot I had been diagnosed with CPTSD, so i've saved the nicotine withdrawal until I felt stable enough to tackle it.
I've also uncovered some past life traumas that have informed my childhood issues a lot and helped to remove blame and gain acceptance etc. I've worked through so many layers over the past few years it's been amazing so I really appreciate the new book as its helped to constellate the practise.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with similar addiction issues and has some insight?

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nicotine Withdrawal Process
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022 »
Sounds like you're doing great work. It does take time to work through all one's issues. The basic idea behind addictions work is that the addiction has served to keep negative feelings suppressed, so as you taper off on the addiction, feelings will come up to be cleared, and you shouldn't become discouraged. At the same time, as you develop a meditation practice where suppressed feelings are cleared, the need for the addiction (to keep the feelings suppressed) is bypassed, and it tends to fall away naturally. I hope some other people will share their experience along similar lines.