Author Topic: Higher Power and Art  (Read 2103 times)

djed.s

• View Profile
Higher Power and Art
« on: June 06, 2022 »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022 by djed.s »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Higher Power and Art
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022 »
My personal paradigm is that we all have a Higher Self, which is an actual entity that resides somewhere on the 5th or 6th dimensional plane, and which spawns multiple tiny split-off parts of itself incarnations (simultaneous from its viewpoint) on the 3D time-bound earth plane, in order to gain from those experiences. There is way beyond that the Infinite Source. I suppose we can receive intuitions from both, maybe they are of different types. I didn't realize I had broached this topic in the podcasts, maybe you can tell me which it was, if you remember. You're a good listener!

Yes, stabbing on the canvas is equivalent to pounding mattresses with a tennis racquet. It's outer expression with the intent to be rid of the feelings by putting them into the art instead of integrating, sitting with them and moving them though the EC steps, in which acceptance is one of the keys - maybe one of the keys that you are overlooking. I think I mention in the book that once the art has done its job of  bringing up a suppressed feeling, that's when I would advise to leave the art and sit with the feeling. For me, distinguishing between product portrayal and process art is a major enlightenment. The subconscious will tend to jump out with both.

I think the journey from left-brain regurgitation to right-brain true intuition and discovery can be said to be the growth path of the artist. I personally find that I need time away from the creation before I can see it objectively, and analyze where its coming from because when you are creating, you are not in an objective place. That type of evaluation itself would be uncommon among artists, or anyone, so just being conscious of the question would help you see the nature of what you have accomplished.

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Higher Power and Art
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022 »
Ok, interesting point about Basquiat. You are probably right. Especially since you are so articulate, i hope you will help the E & A book by posting a review on Amazon! This really helps me and the work. Thanks!