Author Topic: Throat Chakra  (Read 1200 times)

Louis H

• View Profile
Throat Chakra
« on: October 07, 2022 »
Hello John. A pleasure to be able to communicate and I’ve had a really interesting time reading through some of the other forum questions. I’m happy that there are so many invested readers.

I actually read your first book some years ago but have recently come back to it as I’m currently in the middle of quite a painful time. I’m a singer songwriter much like yourself and perform in small venues all over Bucharest. I’m still trying to fully understand the notion of chakras and how one in particular is causing me a lot of discomfort and affecting my career at the minute. I’ve noticed over the past year during speaking to people that my throat becomes extremely tight and I find it very hard to fully project my voice. It almost feels like there is no energetic force in my larynx and it causes me to sometimes trip over words and slur sentences. It has now trickled over into my tongue function (or lack of) and I can’t seem to fully enunciate words. I know that my resistance of the painful feeling in this area of my body as well as associated feelings like frustration and panic make it worse but at the same time, I am finding it extremely difficult to accept and experience the blockage as it is now really starting to hinder my music career. To accept it feels somewhat counter intuitive although I know that it isn’t! How can I accept these feelings when the come up in the middle of a performance? Does the fact I have this dilemma point to a deeper cause such as me not feeling worthy of being heard etc or is it simply down to the fact that I am resisting the physical pain? Also, is there anything else that is worthy of knowing about the throat chakra that would help fellow singers? It is definitely not spoken about enough in this industry, at least where I’m from.  Thanks so much. I hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Kind Regards

Louis
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022 by Louis H »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Throat Chakra
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022 »
Louis - Nice to hear from you. Please get my new book Deep Clearing which has a section Attuning for Health page 280 for working with physical ailments in conjunction with suppressed emotional energy. I don't want to have to repeat what I said there. However, in addition to that section, there are a few points: First, of course, you want to get professional medical advice and follow any prescribed suggestions along with the psychic-emotional healing that we do. Next is the concept of acceptance, which is subtle and easily misinterpreted. As I have tried to emphasize in the books, we do not force ourselves to accept outside conditions; what we focus on accepting is our inner experience - feelings and emotions - to the outside stimulus. Your throat constriction can be considered to be both an external and internal event. Therefore, do not stress yourself out on trying to accept the limitations that the throat conditions brings. Just maintain as much as possible a neutral passive attitude, and keep shifting your focus away from the limitations and on to the inner psychic-emotional experience in the chakra. As you have concluded, there is some kind of deficiency, constriction, or build-up of negativity in the throat chakra manifesting in the physical.

You have not given any indication that you have a processing practice. With a somewhat serious issue like this, you should be dedicated to two 30 minute alpha processing sessions per day. It would probably take a few months to clear up the condition. Don't get discouraged, think of it as this is your meditation practice for now. Follow the instructions in the aforementioned book section. You sit, you may visualize the condition to bring it up, then you focus pointedly on the throat chakra, feeling it, breathing into it, bringing in the healing Earth and Light energies, allowing your awareness of the chakra to keep expanding.

As you work, eventually any associated emotional issues such as you mention will come up if appropriate. There’s no way to tell in advance what feelings are trapped, and maybe even no emotions will come up at all but a healing can still occur, so you don't have to be set on discovering feelings. It usually doesn't help to hypothesize about what feelings may be suppressed. The idea is to clear the mind so as to allow suppressed material to spontaneously emerge in your meditation practice. It would not be out of the question to get with one of the EC Facilitators.

Good luck, and let us know if you are on Spotify. And why is your English so good?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022 by John Ruskan »