Author Topic: Struggling to Release Emotional Energy  (Read 1342 times)

mr-patrick

• View Profile
Struggling to Release Emotional Energy
« on: October 23, 2022 »
Hi John,

I hope you are well.

For the past 10 months I have been making good progress with the clearing of 'emotional debris' that lies within. It has become a process of calming the body and mind, breathing into the chest and acknowledging the energy that comes up for me. After each session the emotional energy tends to linger with me for a few days but I have noticed that the intensity has lessened greatly over recent months. I now understand that the process truly is slow and gradual, but I am sticking with it.

Something that I have noticed is that I seem to have what feels like an 'island' of energy in the pit of my stomach that is waiting to be released. The reason I say this is because there have been 1 or 2 occasions where I have had an urge to cry/grieve and don't seem to be able to. I recently realised that I was emotionally neglected as a child, and have been working with a therapist to process these emotions. In one of our early sessions we explored my past, and my therapist explained to me that my upbringing was quite abnormal and must have been tough. I immediately felt the urge to cry, something that does not happen often, but what coupled this urge was what felt like a block of energy that was stuck in my chest. I certainly wanted to cry, but it was as if this block (of energy?) was preventing me from doing so. I was able to cry slightly, but I could almost tell that there was a lot more to be released.

Since this occurrence, I have had 2 other scenarios where this has happened. One in a group therapy setting, and another during a dream.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the above? The practice of sitting with myself and slowly dispersing the energy is working well, however I feel as though there might be a number of opportunities to release energy that are being missed here.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022 by mr-patrick »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling to Release Emotional Energy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022 »
As you say, the work can extend over periods of time, but this is just a reflection of the deep release of lifetimes of negativity. You appear to have come across an energetic holding that was previously not apparent. So, that's good - you're continuing to make progress. There's no reason to become discouraged, just keep on with the work. I hope you've read Deep Clearing carefully, since it goes into more detail than the previous book.

Also important to never forget is that our personal subconscious Karma determines the childhood we are exposed to. It's vital to drop blame.

What you are describing (block of energy that was stuck in my chest) is typical of what my clients report. We just apply processing techniques to the block and it starts to unravel.

I was somewhat dismayed by the title of your post - struggling, but then you explained further about calming. EC work is never about struggling, it's about acceptance. It's to relax deeply into the alpha state, and just be present non-judgmentally with whatever is there.

If you're asking about other complimentary modalities, sure, other approaches can augment EC work, but they should be right-brain, energetic, such as chakra clearing. Body work such as non-power yoga can help loosen up energetic congestion. It's not a bad idea to do a few sessions with an EC Facilitator.