Author Topic: "No thing can make you happy."  (Read 1952 times)

Kat

• View Profile
"No thing can make you happy."
« on: July 19, 2023 »
I was caught by surprise when going through Deep Clearing a couple weeks ago: At the beginning of that book you state that "No thing, whether it's wealth, friendships, achievement, etc. etc. can make you happy." I was taken aback.

The rest of the book is understandable and acceptable to me, and I have no problems with that. That said, growing up, I was brainwashed to believe the world's not real. That was an exceedingly polarizing way to live in the world. I understand that many philosophers, teachers, etc. not connected with that cult teach the public that "THINGS don't make you happy--YOU make yourself happy."

I do NOT believe that you are trying to work massive mind control on your readers. I thoroughly believe you're trying to help us gain freedom from ignorance, etc., etc. It could be a matter of semantics, or needs an explanation/clarification for the reader. Because of my background, I suddenly latched onto that one statement about nothing making you happy and could not let it go. It made me lose interest in the rest of the book's message.

I admit I'm occasionally over-sensitive, but I'd rather be able to discern my thoughts and feelings and do something about them.

Best,

Kat

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "No thing can make you happy."
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023 »
Thanks for sharing, but I believe you are over-reacting. You answered your question in your second paragraph.

Kat

• View Profile
Re: "No thing can make you happy."
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2023 »
                  Okay.    :D

Thanks!