Author Topic: in the weeds  (Read 2041 times)

jocelyn

• View Profile
in the weeds
« on: August 24, 2023 »
John,

I would not be on this field trip 'in the weeds' right now were it not for the possibility of World War III. I'm against being killed that or any other similar  way.  Can ACCEPTING violent kinds of death without resistance HELP release me from the "curse" of desires to move toward The Light and the Light alone?

Painful as that kind of death might be, could I relate to it as I would toward any other event--knowing the "pendulum" (of experience) has swung away from The Light and that I can look forward to its perpetual return AND release?

Can bad Karma come just from an addiction to the need to hold EXCLUSIVELY on to The Light?

It's said Higher Self can endure whatever life experiences we have--"It's 'all good.'" If my feeling that "it's all good" is healthy, it's also good if I have not yet grasped that.

Jocelyn

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: in the weeds
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023 »
Thanks for sharing, but these questions call for a highly speculative philosophical reply and are not what I consider myself to be a prime resource on. Perhaps other readers may want to join in. However, I might suggest that you focus on accepting your feelings as they are, instead of intellectually focusing on future events or circumstances. You are not to be concerned with trying to accept death or not, but what are your feelings about death? Always take it to a feeling level and work with those feelings. Most likely you have fear - so that's your starting point. As you work with / integrate fear or whatever else comes up for you, it will modify your 'acceptance' of death itself.

jocelyn

• View Profile
Re: in the weeds
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023 »
Points well taken.

Thank you.

Jocelyn

P.S: More than likely, working with my feelings directly is all I need to do!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023 by jocelyn »