Author Topic: Bodywork  (Read 6889 times)

osamipo

• View Profile
Bodywork
« on: January 01, 2012 »
Hi and Happy New Year to all,

Recently i started practicing type of bodywork recommended by one author that involves inducing tremors as means of releasing muscular tension. According to the author (with background in Body Psychotherapy - Bioenergetics), trembling, tremors are natural way that body uses to reduce stored muscle tension and that we, as "civilized adult humans", are conditioned to think of tremors as bad, unnatural and a sign of weakness thus suppressing them.
He suggests a series of simple exercises that are designed to produce these tremors and they certainly do so.

Since starting using these, and when i am practicing Connected breathing, independently of these exercises (other day or part of the day), when i am accepting what comes up (releasing resistance) i am starting to tremble. This is, according to the author, supposed to be happening and is a good sign.

Overall, i think that this type of bodywork is good and i feel relaxed afterwards. What is the Emotional Clearing take on that? I find it complementary with the work of Integrative processing

Many Thanks,
Alex

jambonsambo

• View Profile
Re: Bodywork
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012 »
Hi Osamipo,

I was interested to read your post  I have had similar experiences myself .
. Could you share  the name of the  Author  and in what book that you read this as I would like to check it out  .
All the Best ,

Jambon

osamipo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012 »
Sure,

Book title is "The Revolutionary Trauma Release Process" by David Berceli. Hope admin approves this "advertisement"  :) and i hope it helps

Alex

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012 »
Tremors and trembling often spontaneously occur during the EC process, and I always advise to just let them happen - they are part of the body release. As far as intentionally inducing them, I have no official opinion. It could be ok, or it could be that artificially pushing the body might be overstressing it .