Author Topic: Core Issues  (Read 4944 times)

osamipo

• View Profile
Core Issues
« on: January 07, 2013 »
Hello and best wishes to all in 2013,

Brief background before getting into the "problem". My main fears are centered around social situations, assertiveness and intimacy. I work on myself several years using various tools including meditation, breathwork and yoga. I would say i made some but no real progress.

From time to time i tend to become overwhelmed by what is, i believe, one of my "core issues".  That is feeling of loneliness, despair, entrapment, isolation and hopelessness. I feel it fairly rare and almost never during my sessions. I tend to get in touch with it mostly in the middle of night when i awake with it and mostly it is connected with some kind of separation i am going trough in that period (i travel a lot, and am away from my family and friends most of the time). 

Please give me some suggestions/guidelines in how to work with it. I believe, like you stated in your wonderful book, that getting in touch with core feelings is a sign of progress and that is opportunity for transformation. The thing is that this issues arise very rarely so should i do my work regularly waiting core feelings to arise (i worked years and they were very seldom) or should i pursue them more actively?

Many thanks,
Alex

Debcats

• View Profile
Re: Core Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014 »
Hi Alex. I realize this is an older post but I wanted to respond as I came across one of my core issues after listening to John's first CD. Had a lot of anxiety like a flash back of something that happened back in September. John suggested I try & find the core issue or I could just work on feeling my anxiety. I found today after CD was just finishing that I'm very afraid of rejection. Idk if you have the cds but they are very effective! If your having problems try & focus on your feelings & stay with them to see if you can go deeper with a core issue. Just feel the core issue. I worked with the anxiety then the issue was revealed. It seemed so difficult at first when John suggested it. You know the core issue so try & focus on how that core issue makes you feel. Hope this helps :)