Author Topic: Feeling superior  (Read 4701 times)

Peace

• View Profile
Feeling superior
« on: March 16, 2014 »
There are times when I have done a good job at work, recognize that I am quite competent at what I do, and I become aware of a feeling of superiority. It reveals itself in my impatience with others' lack of drive or lack of passion. I aspire to a state where I am happy with my accomplishment, but also accepting of others where they are. Intellectually I recognize that we have different strengths and weaknesses, and that others may excel in areas where I may  not, but emotionally, I'm drunk on my own abilities.

I am wondering how to use emotional processing to rejoice in my gifts but not be critical of others who don't have this particular gift?

Peace

Peace

• View Profile
Re: Feeling superior
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014 »
Well, the "system" took care of itself. All my fears that had been held in check by these recent accomplishments came back (weaker than previously but nevertheless still present), and there was this sense in me that I had better not rejoice, because the "fall" will come. And as I write this I realize that this feeling has always been part of my life - that I should not be too happy or too thrilled or too confident, because it will be snatched away by an unpleasant/unhappy situation in the future. Sure, it got me climbing down from my superior position (thankfully!), but again, this is not how I want to correct myself. I want to stay confident and still be accepting of myself and others wherever they are.