Author Topic: Body sensations while using CD 1  (Read 5425 times)

Umai

• View Profile
Body sensations while using CD 1
« on: June 27, 2014 »
Hi,

I've used the free sample CD 1 about four times now. The first time resulted in a rather euphoric feeling that lasted about an hour afterwards. Incredibly relaxing and anxiety-alleviating. Subsequent sessions were less effective (although I had less commitment to the process and spoken instructions).

My fourth session has been the best bar the first and my question concerns a consistent sensation I get of heat, pins-and-needles, numbness and such in different body areas (always limbs and extremities).

Is this a feature of a lowering heartbeat, or an awareness of my body-mind structure (I have a rather schizoid body structure and elements of schizoid personality type)? Or something else? (Tonight I also had a heightened tactile sensation that I've never known before: a sense of the clothes against my skin).

I also meditate (vipasanna) but have not connected with my body to this extent.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014 by Umai »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Body sensations while using CD 1
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014 »
We always attribute any body sensations like these to energetic blocks becoming conscious while the energy is moving in new ways through the body channels. What you describe is commonly known in rebirthing circles and is called 'tetany.' It's nothing to be afraid of - just keep going.

Umai

• View Profile
Re: Body sensations while using CD 1
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014 »
Thanks John. Thanks also for the principle of making a system available to people without access to formal groups and instructors; not all of us live near big cities with lots of options.