Author Topic: Emotions on physical level  (Read 6097 times)

athene_noctua

• View Profile
Emotions on physical level
« on: September 16, 2014 »
Hi, I am using the guided training CDs daily for about a week now. During most of the session, I am feeling a „heaviness" on the chest area, and a „knot" in the plexus.. These sensations are actually my old companions, almost always at the edge of awareness during daily activity, and becoming more pronounced as I focus attention on them during session. Based on what I read in the EC book, I suspect these are REpressed feelings felt mostly on the body level.

Sometimes, for a few moments during session, it appears as if something wants to shift, as if those sensations start to melt, expand and become more „energetic" and less than a physical ache. It never lasts long, and I cannot maintain it or make it stronger. The session ends, and I do not feel any significant change from before, as if there is no noticeable progress. And I feel like wanting to have a drink, to "relax" those sensations after going through the session.

If the sensations would expand more, maybe it would enable me to come in closer contact with, identify, and experience/process them. Should I just continue with the sessions, take my time, and somehow drop the idea of expecting any progress or change from the sessions?

And please, another related question; Sometimes during the day, I feel "identifiable" emotions, like a sadness, or loneliness, or a fear, triggered by some association (thought, news, song...). I accept them as coming from the subconscious, so they do not make me think too much. But, until I come home, lie down, and try to take them through the processing steps, they are already gone. And I cannot summon them intentionally during session.

Can someone offer some insight and ideas on how to approach my experience further?
Many thanks!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014 by athene_noctua »

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Emotions on physical level
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014 »
Body sensations such as you describe represent energetic congestion in the chakras, and the subconscious presence of the associated suppressed emotions. As you work with them, they will start to integrate into awareness and eventually clear. This may not happen immediately - you need to develop your capacities for self-healing. Having them start to appear as "energies" instead of physical sensations is the direction you want to go, and coincides with the sense of coming into the moment during Direct Experience. As you develop the capacity for deep relaxation during the session, you won't feel the need for stress-reducers after the session.

Feelings have a life of their own, and sometimes may not be summoned when you want to do a session. But the important feelings usually are able to be brought up when you want. You just need to keep working. And, I believe I mention in various places that I recommend sitting when doing heavy processing. Try to include at least as many sitting sessions as horizontal sessions.

athene_noctua

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014 »
Hi John, thank you for your answer!

I have also read some of the other topics, and found there answers to my questions as well. I am continuing with the sessions, and will share my progress here :)

athene_noctua

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014 »
An update after 3 weeks, current session being Acceptance. I guess it helps me if I put my experience to words. Hopefully it will also be of use to other readers, who just might be starting out.

Still no "big" releases or clearings... but there seem to be small improvements daily, in one or another of the many elements in session.
Like, relaxing on exhale. l still feel the knots, but as if the relax on exhale is something that could make them turn into feelings. But I feel now there is resistance to the feelings, when they don't really ,,come out".. But it seems like perfecting the breath & being able to relax more, might lead to a drop in resistance eventually. Which might lead to direct experience.
As if not trying to make the feelings come, but simply surrendering should be what's needed.

So, currently it means I'm still in a "no end results" stage. But I am more relaxed because I seem to feel that breakthroughs might really come. Which kind of makes it easier to remain in session and be content with any small progress, and with just being there & accepting the whole experience just as it is.
Finally, after a long time, I am able to actually ,,engage" those sensations, if only in a small way as up to now. All that time before, I just didn't know what to make of them.

Another factor why I seem to be getting so "patient" is that the EC book simply makes sense. I've read other books too, but only John describes the "mechanics" of the whole issue systematically, logically & consistently (somewhere he mentioned he studied engineering- maybe that has something to do with this ability of his? :), in a way that even my complicated mind will accept, and quiet it's objections & doubts enough, for me to he able to view the sessions as something that is actually needed, and keep going through with them.

So, until next time!
Best regards, A.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014 by athene_noctua »