Author Topic: Feedback for John Ruskan  (Read 5076 times)

genLicht

• View Profile
Feedback for John Ruskan
« on: November 11, 2014 »
Dear John Ruskan
I'm writing this email to express the deepest gratitude for the book you made available to us in 1994. I personally stumbled on it in 2004, and am revisiting it for the 5th time now. The first time I read it I was repeatedly baffled by the notion of allowing emotion without acting on it in the ways that had been habitual and automatic for me until that time. Despite not being able by the end of that first reading to practise what you describe, a bookmark was made in me somewhere, and I kept coming back to "Emotional Clearing" every few years, when I felt the experiences that had accrued in the interim would yield a fresh perspective. I'd like to say a profound thank you for the purity with which you write; I find it easy to stay with books I sense are aimed above my current level of perception if the author is level-headed, unassuming, and mindful of unpretentious syntax and correct grammar. The almost negligible presence of your personality in the delivery of the book is reassuring (as opposed to the ego trips some personal development authors unwittingly embark on). I felt un-proselytized-to, and welcome to return to the work at hand at some stage in the future, when it would reveal the next layer to me. Now, finally, 10 years after that first reading, the concept has landed. Everything I have observed until now is coming together in a synthesis that requires only the courage and self-faith to allow what surprisingly surfaces to surface. I thought I felt alive in my late-twenties/early-thirties....the coiled potential I feel now exceeds that, being of my own making and devoid of illusion. Your beautifully and precisely crafted book struck a resonance with me, and it has been a significant factor in my being in the enviable position I am in today. Such is our power to positively impact people we have never met. Thank you, thank you so very much for your contribution.
Blessings

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback for John Ruskan
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014 »
Thanks for your beautiful sharing.