Author Topic: Attachment/Aversion Syndrom  (Read 3310 times)

Marie-Therese

• View Profile
    • Yoga für Körper und Geist
Attachment/Aversion Syndrom
« on: August 22, 2020 »
I want to thank you for your amazing work and to work with us just for free. Thank you very much! Very helpfull these times.

The session on tuesday the 18.8. brought me to a point of “not beeing wanted" .... in my professional but also privat life, (privat: beeing without a partner. professionell: not enough customers), so I came to the issue: having no right to life/beeing rejected .... and at the dualistic positiv point: the feeling of beeing wanted, beeing loved.. It was very intens..... and at the same time I find it also very interesting to observe.

For the Attachment/Aversion Syndrome I still find it difficult to grasp. In a way I can find a lot of negative “loups" in my head. Always the same inner voice. But I can not find the compensation for that. For example: There is a lot of selfkritisism “I am not good enough" or “I did something wrong" but I m not clear about, the Point where Aversion clicks in or what I do to compensate.....   my be it is my overactivism? My constant feeling of doing something?
Looking forward to come into a discussion about that. Marie-Therese
Marie-Therese

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Attachment/Aversion Syndrom
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020 »
I think you have identified the first 'loop': feeling rejected which is balanced by the urge for being wanted and loved. This is of course one of the most basic human predicaments. It is natural to crave closeness and relationships but it is easy to get caught in the trap of thinking the closeness will fix the loneliness. It seems to work for a while, but then the loneliness comes back and we blame the relationship for not have met our expectations. The aversion is to the rejection/loneliness and the attachment is to the idea of closeness. To break the syndrome, you become aware of how you are being driven into compulsive attachment syndrome, and try to ease up on it. Don't be so compulsive about finding the positive; cultivate independence. Then, process the negative feelings of loneliness which have probably built up in the subconscious and are driving you into an excessive compulsive hunger for closeness. As the suppressed negative feelings of loneliness are released, you won't be so fixated on finding outside closeness.

For the self-criticism, the compensating feeling you most likely would be driven to attain would be something like approval or recognition. But the most important thing is to process the negative feelings of not being good enough. You don't need to necessarily recognize what you are attached to, although its helpful. Maybe you are not being driven to attain anything, and the attachment/aversion cycle is not fully forming. Working with the negative feelings is the starting point and if you need to see how you are being driven to compulsively attain the positive as compensation, you will eventually see it.

Marie-Therese

• View Profile
    • Yoga für Körper und Geist
Re: Attachment/Aversion Syndrom
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020 »
thank you. Very helpfull!
Marie-Therese