Author Topic: losing the feeling  (Read 2158 times)

jdhistory

• View Profile
losing the feeling
« on: July 16, 2024 »
Hi everyone, first post.

I am in the FEEL 1 stage of deep clearing. So far the book has been really insightful and I have done 4 clearing sessions with mixed results. 1 session last night on my porch during a downpour was incredible, I felt kind of detached from my body and reached the witness and felt a weight lift off my chest and it was amazing. I am going to have to do a few more sessions with that emotion because it is really deeply rooted.

But I have a problem sometimes.....a feeling comes up and I "lose" it. I basically feel it mentally and physically, and it is uncomfortable, I am not pushing it away, just experiencing it, but since part of me is focusing on breathing the feeling loses intensity and fades away. I should note that it doesn't feel ike I am "done with it".

Looking at other posts I am making a couple of mistakes: I thought the phases of clearing were sequential and they are not, so I am applying too much logic and left brain to the process. I am also trying to bring up specific emotions, which according to another post I shouldn't really try to do, I should just let the emotions come to me in the alpha wave state. Is there anything else to try?

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: losing the feeling
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024 »
It sounds like you are doing well with the process. I wouldn't be concerned with 'losing' it. It may be a matter of developing right-brain skills so you can stay with an inner focus, or it may be that your attention is allowing the feeling to diminish all it needs for that session.

The steps of the process are more like 'conditions' to all be applied simultaneously but we think of them sequentially in order to apply them.

It's not wrong to try to bring up a specific feeling as long as you don't get too left-brain driven.

jdhistory

• View Profile
Re: losing the feeling
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024 »
Thank you.