Author Topic: H o m e o p a t h i c Medicine - Suppression?  (Read 7362 times)

CreationXII

• View Profile
Hi-

First and foremost, John Ruskan's work is invaluable. It should be a major educational reading requirement and course early on in schooling - worldwide.  John, you are truly a spiritual master.

Onward. Im aware of the fact that natural substances can work to suppress emotional content. I went to go see a Homeopathic and Natural medicine doctor recently for acupuncture. However, because I had previous experience with her as a young child, she recommended I go on the homeopathic Lycopodium - along with Calm Dragon and Quill Fire. I stressed to her that I want to avoid suppressing my feelings - and that natural remedies can do just that. However, although shes not familiar with Ruskan's work (only until recently, by my doing) she explained that this combination of what I am taking would enhance my work with EC. Ive found the Lycopodium to have done exactly what she said it would - which is bring up latent (subconscious) content, and the Calm Dragon and Quill Fire would aid me through (along with my EC in and out of sitting meditation). Its still a little bit too early to tell - intuitively Ive been feeling ok about this usage - as we both are with understanding that the ultimate goal is to not be on ANY of these natural substances.

Any thoughts and comments (more specifically by someone trained in the EC certification).

Thanks

Tony, FL

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: H o m e o p a t h i c Medicine - Suppression?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011 »
Interesting. I'm not familiar with these remedies. I might look into them and if I get any results I'll post.

Susan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011 »
Hi, I used to practice in England as a registered homoeopath, and originally chose to study this form of holistic medicine because homoeopathy does not aim to stop or suppress symptoms. In fact emotional experiences and feelings as symptoms play a big part in prescribing specific homoeopathic remedies as they can help us to return to and begin to experience suppressed emotions, so I believe this is a major part of their benefit in the healing process. However, I feel I should point out that we don't just automatically prescribe one specific remedy for, say, 'anger', or another for 'grief' without careful matching of all symptoms as well as taking a highly detailed history of each patient, as there are many thousands of remedies in a wide array of potencies (or strengths) to choose from. Not all homoeopaths practice classically and some use homoeopathy therapeutically, which I feel is a way of suppressing symptoms (and therefore potentially emotions) and this is the way they are sold over the counter for self medication at, say Boots the Chemist here in England. So I wouldn't recommend the therapeutic method of use if you are working with Emotional Clearing, even though as a temporary measure this helps many find symptomatic improvement on a variety of levels. I guess like with many things, it's a good idea to ask your homoeopath where they stand on this and the prescribing method(s) they use. Hope this helps and best wishes - Susan

CreationXII

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011 »
Thank you, very much. I found that so very hepful.