Author Topic: process feelings without beeing in meditation  (Read 3556 times)

ami

• View Profile
process feelings without beeing in meditation
« on: November 23, 2017 »
Hello, I want to say I love your book , and I m happy that it came into my life.
I have this question...
Is it possible to process feelings even  if we are not in meditation...for example, if  feeling comes while I am driving, can I recognize it, accept it , do breathing all those steps you teach :)
Thanks

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: process feelings without beeing in meditation
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017 »
In theory, it's possible and desirable to process feelings as they come up in activity. Once you acquire the appropriate skills, you will naturally be more present with feelings. The instinctive unconscious repressive mechanism lessens; you are less in the mind, and more in the moment. However, "meditation" for me still represents the optimal conditions for a serious working through of suppressed built-up feelings. You can deeply experience the steps and the consciousness shift each entails. Driving, by the way, can be considered to be a type of meditation, especially on long-distance trips. You are not preoccupied with any pressing activity, the subconscious can jump out, and processing can occur. But still, I feel that sitting quietly with eyes closed is always the best. But how does it feel for you? You should be able to tell when you have resolved a feeling by processing it.

ami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017 »
Thank you very much,
sometimes I experience emotions better when I m not in "meditation" , or with my eyes open, so I wanted to know is it still ok to do process that way if I can`t sit quietly at that moment :)

Sorry for bad english, it is not my first language :)

ami

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017 »
Hello :)
I have one more question
Is it ok, when I`m in "meditation", (self) processing, to lead myself through emotions, kind as you do in youtube videos  ...does that mean that I'm not in "meditation", because  thinking  is included? Or I m doing it correctly :)