Author Topic: Cleansing breath details  (Read 2580 times)

Bca

• View Profile
Cleansing breath details
« on: February 23, 2019 »
I have been trying the cleansing breath, but I find myself so focused on maintaining all the different aspects, tongue back, eyes closed and to third eye, good posture, ujjayi breath, etc etc, that I couldn't pay attention to any feelings that may have arisen - am I making a mistake, or does this get easier?
Kind regards
Bunny

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cleansing breath details
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019 »
You don't have to do all the elements of the breath perfectly for it to be effective. Don't allow yourself to be distracted by the technicalities. Start with only the progressive fill and add the other elements slowly so that you naturally do them without thinking about them.

Carolp

• View Profile
Re: Cleansing breath details
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020 »
Thanks John for the really insightful book.

I’ve also purchased the guided audio set and what really frustrates me is that i don’t always get relaxed.  I have a lot of clenching in the left side of my face (including through the left nose to the inner corner of the left eye up to the third eye and down my whole spine) and a persistent complaint I have with many forms of relaxation is that my breath gets snagged and my attention gets pulled into the tension in my face, which narrows my attention and I get agitated and even more tense.  I tried the breathwork in the book too and have the same problem. Breathwork is esp hard because on the exhale where we are supposed to drop into the body, I get caught in the tension and can’t feel the breath drop. Should I just soften the attention and let it get caught there? Can I lie down? Lying down eases the tension i feel in my face. 

My current understanding is that I need to do more to open my awareness so it’s not fixated on the tension pattern.  The yoga sequence on your website helps but I’m just wondering if there are suggestions on how to handle the tension.  It’s been chronic and I feel key to resolving the feelings buried. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you.