Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 7203 times)

Anna

• View Profile
Alcohol
« on: September 26, 2014 »
I just wanted to mention some recent observations I made about the effects of alcohol and practicing EC in my day to day life. I used to drink pretty much every day in the evening and more than I should. For some time I admitted to myself that it was a problem but nothing else really changed besides me telling myself that. When I tried just changing my behaviour cold turkey I was thrown into panic attacks and overwhelming feelings of defeat, there didn't seem to be a way of stopping. I was so distracted, unable to concentrate, irritable, angry and basically useless. So I kept drinking, because what a relief!

When I discovered EC (what a gift), this was about 9 months ago, it crept into me slowly but powerfully. As I read the book, realizations were being made, logic and clarity guided me. I still drank while at this stage. Then after being thoroughly impressed by the book I got the EC  CD`s. At first the EC sessions were moving and powerful. I felt so many shifts and places that I had no idea were always within me. Those beginning weeks were truly life altering. But...I still drank. As time went on and the sessions found a steady practice in my everyday routine, without consciously even realizing it, I started skipping drinking a day here, a day there because if I didn't drink that day, the EC session was outstandingly more productive and powerful than if I had drank alcohol that day.

And that's how I have gained momentum on the road to recovery from drinking heavy amounts every night. Because of the nature of meditation and truthfulness of EC, I never experienced withdrawal from not having that drink or irritability and anger. I simply wanted to have a great clearing session that night instead, and because the sessions were clearing the negative emotions that were driving me to drink in the first place, the cycle of addiction was gradually compromised.

If anyone else is having or had a similar experience on this subject I`d love to read about it. And John if you read this, I was in therapy as well prior to starting ECP and though it was helpful, therapy did not help as much in bringing the drinking down. So its quite a testament to the ability of ECP. I`d also like to mention that when Im doing a session, I feel like Im really doing something, it requires dedication, commitment, work of sorts. I respect it for that. Its not a gimmicky quick fix formula to get happy. You have to really expand yourself using discipline and get to that place of respecting yourself. Which isn`t always an easy thing for everyone.

Peace

John Ruskan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014 »
Thanks so much for your wonderful sharing. It’s fulfilling for me to know that my work is meaningful for others. I’ve thought in the past that ECP could be helpful for those in the 12–Step program for the reasons you describe, but it hasn’t caught on yet. If you or anyone else has any connections to the movement and can suggest how to introduce it, or can even help out, that would be super.

milind2014

• View Profile
    • Hidemyass
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014 »
It was very touchy topic you have shared here. Hats off to you that you showed the guts to share all these.

Anna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017 »
I just wanted to write a follow up on my last post about alcohol. That last post was some time ago. Today as it stands I haven't had a drink since January 17, 2016. I am almost at the full year mark.

I find this quite extraordinary because I never made it official that i had a 'problem' but knew there was one. I was a daily heavy drinker. But never used the word 'alcoholic'. I still haven't called myself that to this day. I did not even make an official conscious choice to stop drinking for good.

Since starting the ECP practice 2 years ago it was the shift that ECP propelled internally that led me to tapering the drinking down and eventually to the point of not drinking at all. I also maintain a full time yoga practice and a study in Buddhist teaching. All of which are fundamentals in the Emotional Clearing Process.

I hope John, that you come by this post as I really owe it to you for basically turning my life around. If there is anyone else out there who comes by this post and is going through a similar experience with any form of addiction please feel free to write here to me as I am open to hear/discuss about these struggles/successes and share our experiences.

Denzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017 »
I'm so glad for you, and I'm so glad you're sharing this with the community. It's bound to inspire others and bring even more good to the world.

Terminator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023 »
Thanks for sharing  Very Interesting